Ok,  I've switched to using /space, the RAM disk on geom, and things
are coming along *much* faster.  I hope to have an alpha out in a few
hours.  You can see a snippet of the output from sage -merge at

http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/boothby/releases/4.1/mergelog

I've suppressed the output of the test suite.  Soon, I'm going to
update sage -merge to give a more comprehensive failure report -- but
for now, it just says "tests failed" if something went wrong.  So,
I'll have to re-test each of the failed tickets -- but for the
majority of tickets, the automation makes life super easy.