Hi there,

After writing some SAGE code, profiling it and talking about it with
Martin Albrecht (more on that in another post a bit later), it turns
out that it spends a lot of time creating, adding and multiplying
univariate polynomials over the rationals.  There is already a ticket
(#4000)

with some further details about this.

While I won't have much time this very week, I would very much like to
offer to work on this in the two weeks after that.  (As indicated
above this does affect my own code, and since the trac ticket suggests
an improvement by a factor of at least 10, I'd be quite motivated!)
However, I am not sure I know enough about SAGE yet, so I want to ask
whether anyone (who perhaps has already looked at the implementation
of polynomials over the rationals in SAGE but doesn't have enough
time/ motivation to implemented the suggested change) would be
interested in helping me to get started on that/ reply to the
occasional email when I have problems?

Many thanks,

Sebastian