On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:09:54 -0300
Golam Mortuza Hossain <gmhoss...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Burcin,
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Burcin Erocal<bur...@erocal.org>
> wrote:
>
> > If you share your code creating an SFunction called 'integral', I
> > can produce patches for Sage and pynac to special case that
> > function when computing derivatives. (Much like what is done for
> > Order in the pynac code right now.)
>
> Thanks for looking into this. I am attaching prototype integration
> class and integration code for generalized function that you can play
> with. Sub-classing integration from SFunction class, makes few thing
> really easy. For example numerical approximation .n() works like a
> charm ------
> sage: integrate( exp(x)/x, x, 1, 10)
> integrate(e^x/x, x, 1, 10)
>
> sage: integrate( exp(x)/x, x, 1, 10).n()
> 2490.33385842557
> ------

I know. :) This is why I was trying to push the conversion to the new
design.

I'll try to spare some time for pynac this weekend, and look at the
changes you need for the derivatives to work. I'm not convinced that
adding a new field to the function_options class to switch the
application of the chain rule on/off is really necessary at this point.
I might just add a quick hack to special case the integral function you
define, unless someone comes up with other examples where disabling the
chain rule is needed.

Thanks.

Burcin