On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 5:19 AM, Martin
Albrecht<m...@informatik.uni-bremen.de> wrote:

> On Thursday 16 July 2009, David Joyner wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Kiran Kedlaya<ksk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > One pet complaint that you might bring up with the Singular team: I
>>
>> Speaking of pet complaints, can you ask if they will at some point fix
>> the bugs in the Riemann-Roch computations in the Brill-Noether routines?
>> To be honest, I have not checked them recently but as of a few years
>> ago they were unreliable. The Sage module sage/coding/ag_codes.py
>> (from 2006) is waiting for some Singular routines to be fixed I think.
>> I do not know of an open source correct and functional implementation of
>> any general algorithm to compute a basis for a Riemann-Roch space
>> of a curve over a finite field.
>
> Hi David,
>
> this is now
>
>  http://www.singular.uni-kl.de:8002/trac/ticket/153
>
> Would you mind giving concrete examples there?

Thanks for creating it.

I've looked through my emails from 2006 and cannot find a trace of the
examples I had then. I vaguely remember a certain example which would
be getting different answers on different runs when trying to compute
Riemann-Roch spaces. William might remember better since his memory
is about a million times better than mine.

It is also possible that the bug submission form back then was via some
sort of web based forum, http://www.singular.uni-kl.de/request_form.html,
in which case they might have a copy of the email
on their website.