Hi,

Thanks for pointing that out.  I have made a 1.51b spkg, but decided
to wait a week or two for the final 1.51 to come out.  But I didn't
realize that the 1.49b install was broken.

Anyway if you have any interest in helping out, you should get a trac
account.  Just email William Stein for one.

I am excited about their cleanup too, I think with a little more work
biopython can be made a standard part of sage, but that will require a
developer vote.

-Marshall Hampton