Robert Bradshaw wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2009, at 5:02 PM, Peter Jeremy wrote:
>
>> On 2009-Aug-11 07:05:42 +1000, Peter Jeremy
>> <peterjer...@optushome.com.au> wrote:
>>> I thought I saw a csin() during the build so I'll investigate and
>>> add code as necessary.
>> The relevant error in "devel/sage/sage/ext/fast_callable.pyx" is:
>>     ImportError: /usr/home/peter/sage-4.1.1.rc2/local/lib/python/
>> site-packages/sage/ext/interpreters/wrapper_cdf.so: Undefined
>> symbol "csin"
>>
>> csin is defined in libgfortran.so but for some reason, wrapper_cdf.so
>> isn't linked against it.  I will need to learn more about the cython
>> build process to understand why.
>
> csin is part of the c99 standard, and should be defined in complex.h
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex.h . I'm not sure why you'd have
> to link against the fortran libraries (though they would provide
> their own complex sin). Just as a check, is it being linked with -lm?
>
> - Robert

As you may have gathered from another email, I was hoping to get an
improved configure script at the start of the Sage build. If csin() is
needed, it would seem sensible that I check for that library function
early on.

Should the build of Sage be terminated early if csin() can't be found in
libm?

Dave