Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2009-Aug-11 20:02:37 -0700, Robert Bradshaw <rober...@math.washington.edu>
> wrote:
>> csin is part of the c99 standard, and should be defined in complex.h
>
> Unfortunately, FreeBSD 7.x is not C99.  FreeBSD 8.x is implementing
> some parts of C99 but I'm not sure when it will be complete - and csin()
> is not implemented yet.

I just tried adding this to a configure script:

AC_CHECK_LIB(m,csin,[],[AC_MSG_ERROR([Sorry, your maths library does not
support csin which is needed to build Sage])])

then running it on Solaris.

checking for csin in -lm... no
configure: error: Sorry, your maths library does not support csin which
is needed to build Sage

Yet I've built Sage on the same machine, but I don't have csin defined
in libm.