2009/9/4 Maurizio <maurizio.gran...@gmail.com>:
>> Feature request -- can you make it so the *docstring* for the variable
>> can be specified?  I will have to do this soon anyways if you don't,
>> since it is needed for the units package.
>>
>> E.g.,
>>
>>   meter = var('meter', docstring="A meter is...", latex_name="m")
>>

> By the way, which is the status of the units package? Is the code
> somewhere on the net? I'm quite curious! :)
>
> Regards
>
> Maurizio

David spent the last few weeks making a documented table of
"essentially all known units" along with conversions between them,
definitions of them, etc.  Then we wrote code to automate conversions,
automate creating symbolic variables corresponding to them, etc.
It's all in a Sage worksheet, so not posted or ready to use in Sage
via a patch yet.

William