> $ ./sage -f fricas-1.0.7.spkg
>
> Produces the error: " undefined reference to `log' ". (about 15 minutes)
>
> After the failure, follow the instructions printed by Sage to enter
> the Sage "shell" - the environment in which Sage and all it's spkg's
> run. As indicated 'cd' to the fricas-1.0.7 directory inside Sage.
>
> Now changing
>
> CLIQUEOPTS=-mno-abbrev -mno-mactext -laldor -lm -fx
>
> in the file './src/src/aldor/Makefile.in' and re-running the biuld via
>
>   ./spkg-install
>
> produces the error I showed in my previous email.

I guess the missing '-lm' is due to the fact that in the shell started
by 'sage -sh' the variable CC is set to gcc.

That changes the behaviour of the Aldor compiler. Usually (if CC is not
set) it calls "unicl" (a program that comes with aldor) and that program
(if I am not totally wrong) uses
https://svn.origo.ethz.ch/algebraist/trunk/aldor/aldor/src/aldor.conf
to figure out the options for the C compiler. And there I see a line...

    lib-extra   = m

Maybe src/aldor/Makefile.in should rather contain
====BEGIN
cliques: cliques.as
        unset CC && $(ALDOR) $(CLIQUEOPTS) $<
====END

But don't bother too much. I'm currently trying to figure out how to
distribute libaxiom.al directly without building it on the user side.

Ralf