If there is an easy way ( = passive way. Translators are being kept
aware of modifications ) to know when some modification is done, and
if you do not expect it for the following morning. This should not be
a problem at all to keep all the french tutorials up to date.

The best way, perhaps, to be sure all the files are correctly updated
in every language is to follow the method used for the docstrings :
patches are not accepted unless correctly documented.

Translating a few lines in your own language is not that hard,
usually, so that does not necessarily mean blocking updates because of
a pending translation.

Finally, I do not mind translating a text in french for whoever wants
to update the tutorial and sends me an email containing the
modifications in English. I'll just have to add the french
modifications to the patch !

Nathann