Hi all

would you please consider updating this page

http://wiki.sagemath.org/i18n

or any other?

I think it is very important to have a well defined and commonly
accepted process to manage translations.
I don't know how, but probably there should be an automatic
notification somewhere if the documentation under translation has been
modified by a patch. An online translation system could allow the
translator to directly translate the most updated strings.

I think that structured systems (like launchpad or anything else)
could be a bit complex to setup, but probably provide orders of
magnitude of more simplicity than the current system. Have a quick
look here:

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu

In fact, that is self-explained (in my opinion) by looking at how so
many linux distribution have been mostly translated into so many
languages, not necessarily with huge translation teams! For example:
the number of elements of the Italian translation team of Ubuntu is
just 16.

Otherwise, I think that the translation process can become VERY
frustrating

My 2 cents

Maurizio