Dear all,

Here is the report of a bug report I came across when working on the
re-implementation of QQ[] via FLINT.  I think it applies to many base
rings and appears on a rather high level, catching corner cases, but I
am not sure about this and haven't looked at it too closely.

sage: R.<t> = RR[]
sage: gcd(0, t)
TypeError: cannot coerce nonconstant polynomial
sage: gcd(1, t)
TypeError: cannot coerce nonconstant polynomial
sage: gcd(R(0), t)
TypeError: 'MinusInfinity' object cannot be interpreted as an index
sage: gcd(R(1), t)
1.00000000000000

The last error (with the 'MinusInfinity' issue) doesn't occur over ZZ
or QQ, but the first two errors are just the same.  I haven't checked
other base rings.  I am not quite sure about the right "level" where
this bug should be fixed.

Kind regards,

Sebastian