Michelle Callaghan - Sun Microsystems wrote:
> Sorry for crashing your thread, but I was just searching around to see
> if anyone was running Sage on Solaris and I came upon your dicussions,
> I just wondered if there is a specific customer requirement that you
> know of for Sage on Sun as we would love to work with Sage, if there
> is a need for this.
>
> If there is anything I can do to help let me know and I will see what
> I can do.

It would be interesting and perhaps very useful to hear from the Project
Fortress team about the prospects for high-performance computing (HPC)
with Sage.

Fortress is actually a new programming language, distinct from Python:

http://projectfortress.sun.com/Projects/Community
http://research.sun.com/projects/plrg/Publications/

It has at least one goal I think the Sage community would appreciate,
namely, that programs should have a mathematical representation:

http://projectfortress.sun.com/Projects/Community/wiki/MathSyntaxInFortress

Implicit parallelism is also appealing.  Does Fortress have a foreign
function interface?

Disclaimer:  I'm not familiar with Fortress.  I just discovered it
recently, during a digression.