Dear Sage(-Combinat) devs, dear graph drawing fans,

Due to an urgent itch, I took some time today to work on the
graphviz+dot2tex integration. For a sample application, see:

        http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/nthiery/bruhat-D4.pdf

Which was produced by the (too long) mantra:

    sage: W = WeylGroup(["D", 4])
    sage: G = W.bruhat_poset().hasse_diagram()
    sage: G.set_latex_options(format="dot2tex")
    sage: view(G, tightpage = True, pdflatex=True)

This led me to do some refactoring of the graph layout code. See:

and in particular the description. Comments welcome, in particular
about potential conflicts with other ongoing developments for graphs.

Honestly, I won't have much time working more on this, except for
adding a couple extra features I need for my research. Also I'd rather
not wreak further havoc in a part of Sage I have not familiar with.
Would there be some graph folk (Rob?) willing to take over the patch
(and the associated spkg), and raise it to maturity and integration
into Sage?

Cheers,
                                Nicolas

PS: with that, I am very close to getting a nice category graph, but I
need to chase a bug which will have to wait until I am more awake.

http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/