Hi Kiran,

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Kiran Kedlaya <ksk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After I dropped in the updated cliquer spkg (#6681), 4.1.2.alpha2
> built and passed all doctests under 64-bit Fedora 10. It appears that
> Minh has already closed ticket #6746 in response,

I closed ticket #6746 [1] as a duplicate of ticket #6681 [2]. I think
they both address the same issue, namely to build cliquer on supported
64-bit platforms, including 64-bit mode OS X 10.5 and various 64-bit
Linux distributions.

> but I haven't been
> following #6681 closely enough to feel comfortable giving it its long-
> awaited positive review.

For the purpose of ticket #6681 [2], you can review the cliquer
package posted to that ticket by compiling Sage from source with that
spkg. I see that you have done that already, which is of tremendous
help in reviewing #6681 because I myself don't have access to an
actual machine running 64-bit Fedora 10. The virtual machine fedora64
on boxen.math runs 64-bit Fedora 10; I have successfully compiled Sage
from source with cliquer on that VM. At the end of the day, a VM lacks
many of the features of an actual machine. It is only running software
on a real machine, as opposed to a VM, that we can hope to find more
bugs.

[1] http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/6746

[2] http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/6681

--