On 2009-Sep-27 06:32:41 -0700, Marmaduke <mmwood...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I learned most useful things from the Info pages on coreutils. Maybe
>these can be rendered to html because they come from Texinfo?

I'd strongly recommend against using the coreutils or bash info
files as a basis for learning Unix.  Virtually all GNU utilities
include non-standard extensions (and the documentation doesn't
distinguish between what is standard and what is a GNU extension).

Whilst this probably won't present a problem on Linux, it will bite
you if you later move to (eg) Solaris.  And it will bite other people
who take your scripts and try to use them on (eg) Solaris.

--
Peter Jeremy