On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 at 06:11AM -0700, Nathann Cohen wrote:
> The thing is that is it a pretty hard patch to send... If someone is
> sending a patch for this file while another patch is removing this
> file and creating three others... If that's how HG works ;-)

Mercurial should support this. If the big file is copied to the three
new files (using "hg copy") and then the correct bits removed from each
file, the resulting patch (if exported in the right format) will convey
this information.

Then if another patch comes along that refers to the original big file,
I think Mercurial can figure out where it should look.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake
-----  http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake