On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 08:50:19AM -0700, javier wrote:
> * commutative_algebras.py
>
> Algebras with unit? Then add in the description!
> Add to "To do": Include product (=cartesian product), and coproduct
> (tensor product over base ring)
> OK for the rest

Done.

> * commutative_ring_ideasl.py
>
> Ok, but I would replace "Commutative ring ideals in Integer Ring" by
> "Ring ideals in Integer Ring".

I agree that this would look better. On the other hand we would not be
able to distinguish the output from that of ring_ideals. So I vote for
leaving as is.

Comments anyone?

> * commutative_rings.py
> wrt
> 58 return [Rings()] # TODO: Bimodule(R,R)
>
> Why Bimodule(R,R)? What is R? How is that a supercategory of the
> category of rings? I think that comment should be removed.

MuPAD/Axiom legacy: the category mechanism was slightly different, and
it was possible to specify, in the super category declarations,
categories that were specific to a given parent. That made it possible
to say that a ring R was an Algebra(R). At some point, we will need
some alternative mechanism for stating this kind of information.

I removed the comment, and added a note about this in Rings.

Thanks!

Best,
                                Nicolas
http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/