I have several times been in the position of being appointed
treasurer, for various organizations, I think because I am often the
"math person".  The things I have learned are: I am not a very good
treasurer, and organizational skills are much more important than math
skills for such a position.

It might be useful to look for someone who is in the Seattle area but
perhaps not even a developer, or a minor developer.  Detail oriented,
likes keeping things organized, and good at communicating.

I think some effort towards raising money through donations could pull
in quite a bit, even if done in an un-obnoxious way (perhaps
especially if low key - public radio pledge drives make me crazy).

-Marshall