On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 23:52:14 you wrote:
> I'm somewhat intrigued why there were so many options given to gcc when it
>  was  built. It's anyones guess if one of those is causing the problem.
>
> There are numerous repeated options given to the g++ command which makes
>  me  think the build process is not working well. I'm personally not
>  impressed with SCons used in PolyBoRi. -fPIC for example is added three
>  times.
>
> Perhaps it's me, but I prefer to compile code with as few options as
>  possible.  Of nothing else, it means the code is more portable, as half
>  those options would not be acceptable to the Sun compiler for example.

Hi David,

While it is annoying it is not likely to be the problem here.
Interest in including sage on Gentoo has picked up again and
I get some build logs from other people. I am the only one with
this issue so far,
>From the error I was thinking it could be some enforcement  of strictness
from the compiler but I get the same thing with gcc-4.3.4 and some
other people do fine with gcc-4.3.4 so there is something more subtle at
play. glibc-2.10.1 may be?

Francois