I am not aware of anything that Porta could do that cddlib cannot do.
The polyhedra.py package in geometry should be able to do all that.
Please let me know if there is something you want to do that isn't
covered by that.

Recently Volker Braun did a massive rewrite of polyhedra.py, which
should make it easier to improve and extend and fix some bugs.  I am
currently adding some doctests and tweaking a few things to improve
the backwards-compatibility and speed of his implementation; hopefully
that can be finished up fairly soon (i.e. in the next month) and get
into sage-4.2.1 or whatever the next release after that is. That's
being tracked at http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7109 if you
are interested.

-Marshall Hampton