Hello Marshall,

> I am not aware of anything that Porta could do that cddlib cannot do.
> The polyhedra.py package in geometry should be able to do all that.
> Please let me know if there is something you want to do that isn't
> covered by that.

I mainly wanted to use Porta's "system of ineqalities" <---> "set of
vertices of polytopes" conversion tool. I was going to use that
functionality to compute the convex hull (and various relaxations) of
stable sets of graphs.

> Recently Volker Braun did a massive rewrite of polyhedra.py, which
> should make it easier to improve and extend and fix some bugs.  I am
> currently adding some doctests and tweaking a few things to improve
> the backwards-compatibility and speed of his implementation; hopefully
> that can be finished up fairly soon (i.e. in the next month) and get
> into sage-4.2.1 or whatever the next release after that is. That's
> being tracked at http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7109 if you
> are interested.

Great! I look forward to news on it's completion. I just signed up to
be cc'ed on the Trac ticket. However, for the project I'm working on I
need something quick and dirty going right now. (One month is a bit
too long.) Porta seems easy to work with so I'll make an interface for
myself. If anyone is interested then I'll share with the devel
community.

--
Chris