On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Gonzalo Tornaria
<torna...@math.utexas.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:59 PM, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Gonzalo Tornaria
>>> I ran notebook() from sage, iceweasel (3.0.14) launches, I tried to
>>> upload a worksheet using an url, and after hitting Upload Worksheet
>>> the notebook crashes with the following error:

>>>            from OpenSSL import SSL
>>>        exceptions.ImportError: No module named OpenSSL
>>
>> Just to confirm, are you running notebook() with the default options,
>> i.e., secure=False?
>
> I just issued "notebook()", no options. The message tells me to open
> my browser at http://localhost:8000/ so I guess I'm running
> secure=False. The browser actually pops up by itself.
>
> I go to "upload", and try to upload a worksheet from url in a public
> notebook --- so it's an https://... I guess that's why it fails (the
> page itself is a published worksheet, so password is not required, but
> I guess the upload can't pull a worksheet from an https url).

Upload from a URL can't upload from a published worksheet that is
published as http or https, actually.  It never occurred to me to
implement that.  It's meant for uploading sws files, which might be
sitting on the web somewhere.     Uploading from the URL of a
published worksheet is an interesting idea.