On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:03:14 -0800 (PST)
kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I like opensource software and math, but have not enough
> > > knowledges to bring significant contribution in this topic.
> >
> > Everyone has something they can contribute: bug reports,
> > documentation, and even feature requests like you've been doing.
> >

> And Robert is perhaps a little too modest; he has already contributed
> several non-trivial patches either awaiting review or with positive
> review, and he actually understands Maxima (which many of us do not).
> I am sure there is much he can contribute in the way of code.

This is also what I thought when I asked for help. :)

You don't need to be an expert programmer to contribute code to Sage. I
thought the biggest hassle is the initial steps of preparing a patch,
submitting to trac and going through review.

I will try to put a proposal on the wiki and provide an initial patch
this weekend. Maybe that future 4.xyz version Francois mentioned will be
4.3, who knows?

Cheers,
Burcin