Hello,
For the past few months I've been working on a prototype of an Integrated
Environment for developing and running Sage. I decided to start the project
for mainly these reasons:
- There is no environment for developing Sage programs or libraries:
nowadays the Notebook is not the best option for those taks
- Allowing Sage to run in local environments: that means that we can have
more information that the Notebook provides: better completion, using
functions between different files...

As of now you can download the code with "svn co
https://lorienlabs.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lorienlabs/trunk lorienlabs".
The only problem is that PyQt4 is neccessary, but must be compiled inside
the Sage environment. I've uploaded instructions on how to do this in
"doc/readme" in the SVN repository.

Lorien Labs (the name has to be changed, I know) now only emulates notebook
worksheets, with an added docklet to show the variables in a sheet and their
contents. It also includes a preview of how a new viewer can be added to the
program with a graph viewer (type graphs.DodecaedralGraph() and press Shift
+ Enter to see what I'm talking about). I'm currently planning how to add
support for Sage code files, with autocompletion and so on, and how a
worksheet may access the functions on those code files.

Any suggestion and help is welcome :) I hope you like it.

Alejandro