Hello again,

2009/11/16 William Stein <wst...@gmail.com>

> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 5:40 AM, Alejandro Serrano Mena
> <trup...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It usually means that you need to install libqscintilla2-dev and
> libqt4-dev,
> > so development files are used.
>
> 1. What Linux distribution do you use to do development on this (I
> have access to most of them, so I might as well test with the same as
> you)?

I was using Ubuntu 9.04 and currently I'm using Ubuntu 9.10, with the latest
components of SIP, PyQt and PyQScintilla.
For Qt, a version 4.5 or greater is needed (because the WebKit component
used to render the outputs is not available in previous versions). You also
need PyQt4 with the same minor version as your Qt installation (that is, if
you have Qt 4.5.1 in your system, you need PyQt 4.5.x for it to work).

> 2. Can you post some screenshots (or screencasts)?

Sure! I'm uploaded them into the Sourceforge site:
https://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=287015
It shows the current features: autocompletion, variable explorer, graph
viewer, plots...

> 3. "Lorien Labs now only emulates notebook worksheets," What does that
> mean?  Does that mean I can load an existing Sage worksheet (a sws
> file), use it in Lorien Labs, then save it to sws and use that in the
> Sage notebook?   If so -- bravo -- I think that would be *excellent*.

As of now you cannot save a worksheet. The idea is double:
- First of all, use the same sws format as the notebook, so files would be
completely interoperable
- Be able to connect this Qt frontend to a running instance of Sage Notebook
and directly use the files from there. In that way we could get automatic
revisions, sharing... that Sage Notebook has.

> 4. "Lorien Labs" (the name):  As mentioned above, why don't we aim for
> compatibility between the web-based Sage notebook sws files and the
> Lorien Labs-based notebooks.   Moreover, we could make the name
> compatible as well.  E.g., Could we call it something like "Sage
> Notebook QT" or the "QT Sage Notebook" (pronounced "cute Sage
> notebook") or "SageQT" ?

Yes, the compatibility would be a great idea!
As for the name, I've been suggested by a friend to use "+Sage", which is
Spanish is read "masaje" which means massage. But any other name is great
for me :)

For the future, what do you think would be the best way to allow people to
write entire Sage code files inside the environment and then test them with
the QT Notebook? Has Sage got any facility to load Sage files dinamically (I
don't know whether using a plain import works)?