Dan Drake wrote:

> ? Hmm, that might hard. I'm not sure how to do that. Right now, when you
> do \sage{diff(sin(x), x)}, it runs something like
>
>     latex(diff(sin(x), x))
>
> and I don't know how to tell latex() to not fully evaluate the diff().

This is an oft-discussed subject (and oft-requested feature).  Burcin
said that he had some code that allowed a function (like diff) to remain
unevaluated.  Personally, I am really looking forward to when this is
incorporated into Sage.

The problem is not in the latex function; the latex function never sees
the diff function, it only sees the result of the diff function.

Thanks,

Jason

--
Jason Grout