I'm teaching numerical analysis next semester, so I'm investigating how
we can use Sage's great support for specifying precision to explain some
topics.  I'd like to limit the exponents that a number in a RealField
can have (for example, the exponent must be 0, 1, or -1.  I see that
mpfr supports changing the exponent ranges using mpfr_get_emin and
mpfr_get_emax (see
http://www.mpfr.org/mpfr-current/mpfr.html#Exception-Related-Functions).
  Is this exposed at all in Sage?  It seems that the only thing I can
set in a RealField is to change the number of bits in the mantissa.

Thanks,

Jason