I do not know in advance the number of variables needed.
It can be pre-computed, of course (and it would be equivalent to
actually running the whole algorithm), but we are definitely better
without this hindrance... Actually, I tried several things using var
("x_"+str(i)) and it is much better in many aspects... I am planning
to write a patch for this as soon as ticket #7270 will be reviewed
( and I hope it will happen very soon........ anybody
available ? ;-) ).

For the moment, I told my colleagues to print p._x[5000] before their
computations which is some good enough temporary fix ;-)

I have another bug coming from the same InfinitePolynomial ring when
creating too many variables, but I haven't found the way to reproduce
it for the moment.... You'll have a ticket for this as soon as
possible !!

Thank you very much for your help !!!

Nathann