Then I think you found the very thing I needed... Thank you !!! :-)

I do not need 1 millions variables, but clearly I do not want the
computations to be too slow under 10000.. If I have something like
1000 variables, I very often have 5000 or more functions to define and
work on, so I need the symbolic expression to be handled easily by
Sage !

Nathann