Actually, I think it is rather easy to port Sage to the N900.
Due to the "batteries included" concept Sage uses, Sage is very
porting-friendly.

Maybe end of March, I'll get a N900 for myself. If so, I will
certainly play around with it. One issue is, that (at least fot the
time being) I work on Mac(s) exclusively, and the Maemo SDK needs
Linux as a host, so I'd need something like VirtualBox to work well
with the Maemo SDK's "scratchbox". Also, the Cortex A8 CPU might be
"new" to e.g. MPIR or ATLAS, but given that it is also an ARM-
derivative just like the CPU of the G1, I don't expect any trouble not
some tiny fixes away.

Cheers,
Georg