mmarco wrote:
I have tried to cross-compile atlas inside scratchbox and it also
fails. Is it possible to compile sage without atlas?. I would rather
have a sage installation with some features missing, than having no
sage at all.

Cheers,
Miguel

You could 'touch' the file spkg/installed/atlas-$atlas-verion

I don't know if that might cause any problems later. Some packages may rely on ATLAS, but I don't know.

Could you post the error message from ATLAS. There have been a lot of problems wtih ATLAS on Sage - specifically to those on Solaris, but workarounds have been found to all of them, even though there is no official new ATLAS release which addresses these points.

It may be possible to fix the ATLAS issues quite easily.

Dave