Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> William Stein wrote:

>> William
>>

> OK, if it seems sensible to you, I'll
> 1) Delete this broken link in spkg-install
> 2) Delete the hard link in spkg-install
> 3) Create a soft link in spkg-install.
>
> Does that seem reasonable? If so, I'll do that.

BTW, there are two options here.

1) My preference would be to delete and add the links, checking if they have
been deleted and created, and if not exit, telling someone to get spkg-instal
fixed.

That would avoid unnecessary clutter building up in spkg-install if it is no
longer needed. (I suspect there are a few things there, which do not to be
there
any longer, but just get left there, cluttering up spkg-install).

2) However, another option would be to use 'rm -f' and so the links only get
deleted if they exist. That would be more bullet proof in the short term, but
runs the risk of leaving unnecessary junk in spgk-install.

> The other option is someone look at updating python to 2.6.4, as its only a
> bug-fix release, with no new features. I've not looked to see if addresses
> this
> specific issues - I could not find the readme which shows the changes from
> 2.6.2
> (in Sage) to 2.6.4 (the latest release).
>
> Dave.

Dave