Dear sage-devel,

It's time to fix our R stuff.  I have some suspicions on some issues,
so I would appreciate if people on a wide variety of machines could
try the following and reply to this thread.

sage: r.install_packages('aaMI')
# hopefully a happy result
sage: r.console()
> install.packages('abind')
# you'll be asked to pick a mirror using a Tcl/Tk thingie>
# hopefully a happy result

I have already done OSX 10.5 on Macintel, where it works fine, as well
as on sage.math (some kind of Linux, I guess), where it doesn't for
some reason (see #4959 for details), though only for the second
package which seems to require something unusual.  Reports would help
a lot with figuring out what is going on with #4959 and #5246.  Please
note that these packages don't depend on anything else, so the
problems from #6532 or #2198 should not occur.

Thanks,
- kcrisman