I have defined a function in external .sage file which I load.  Then I
test it using %timeit.  But an error is raised:

UnicodeEncodeError                        Traceback (most recent call last)

/home/jec/.sage/temp/selmer/11222/_home_jec_agm_sage_3.py in <module>()

/home/jec/sage-4.3.rc0/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/IPython/iplib.pyc
in ipmagic(self, arg_s)
    951         else:
    952             magic_args = self.var_expand(magic_args,1)
--> 953             return fn(magic_args)
    954
    955     def ipalias(self,arg_s):

/home/jec/sage-4.3.rc0/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/IPython/Magic.pyc
in magic_timeit(self, parameter_s)
   1828                                                           precision,
   1829                                                           best
* scaling[order],
-> 1830                                                           units[order])
   1831         if tc > tc_min:
   1832             print "Compiler time: %.2f s" % tc

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb5' in
position 27: ordinal not in range(128)

I cannot see any strange characters in the file -- is the information
above any help in seeing what it might be?  The function defined in
the file does not seem to contain any unusual characters.  Also,
making the file into a .py made no difference.

John