I'm working on an SPKG for SuiteSparse, which has a manually written build
system (config.mk has commented out sections for typical BLAS settings on
Linux, Mac, Solaris...that kind of thing).

Is there an example of an SPKG for such a build system which works well on
all platforms? Or a wiki page I should read or similar. I'm actually
targeting Linux only this time around, but I want to at least know what
things I would have to look out for to have it work everywhere.

(With the good help of the Debian SuiteSparse patches I've at least got
shared libraries compiled -- which was not in the make system by default!
Neither was "make install"... I know about cvxopt already being an SPKG,
but it statically compiles the C files from SuiteSparse directly into the
Python modules.)

Dag Sverre