On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 8:31 PM, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> They are
>> very confusing.
>>

> Yes.
>
> I have a different question about this - would such things be
> distributed only in source form, or also in "compiled" (.pdf?) form?

Yes to the statement on each side of your "or" conjunction, in the
sense that the answer depends on which download you're talking about.
The source tarball?  The binaries?

> I could imagine this eventually adding a very large amount to the
> download, if Sage and/or the CCLI grant application are as successful
> as one would hope.

Which download?   I wonder how much you think would be added?  1% on
top of the current binary?  10%? 50%?   How much is too much?  How
much is "a very large amount".

> I do think that there should be some form of review for such materials
> to be included in a Sage download.

I agree. There should be review for everything included in Sage, via
at least the standard trac server process.

> In fact, some people have
> mentioned that we should have a better review process for interact
> examples etc. on the wiki, though I don't know if that is as necessary
> there.

At least when interacts get included in sage (and not just on the
wiki), they will get reviewed.  Part of our CCLI plan is to make it so
a large browse-able and tested library of interacts gets included with
sage.

> Just throwing these related issues out there.

Thanks.  They're excellent questions and comments.

William

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics