On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:27:53 Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> I tried a 64-bit build of Sage on a Sun Blade 2000 SPARC workstation
>  running Solaris 10. I don't know if linbox is only looking for GMP in /usr
>  and /usr/local, which is semi-implied below. But for whatever reason, it
>  decides it can't find a suitable GMP.

Indeed the configure script only look there by default. However you can
provide a path to the library with the "--with-gmp" option. ie
configure --with-gmp=$SAGE_LOCAL
I would have thought spkg-install was doing that for linbox - if it doesn't
it probably should. If it does there is a deeper problem there.

Francois