Hey all,

Just wanted to mention that I'm pretty sure I've managed to stomp that
pesky OSX 10.6 bug (the "Abort trap" one). I'll mention more details
on the ticket (#7095), but the long and the short of it is that we
were having issues where we were confusing which system libraries were
getting linked in on 10.6, so we had entries for the wrong functions
in the symbol tables of some objects. I need to clean up a few patches
(like removing some now-unneeded warnings), and I'll post everything
in the morning, but I wanted to mention this in case anyone decided to
start working on it in the morning. I also want to thank John Palmieri
-- even though he doesn't even know it, he posted several examples
that made hunting this down *much* easier. (Also, John, I'm using your
new 2.6.4 spkg, which I'll review in the morning -- it's working
great!)

-cc

PS William suggested it might be worth me talking about this bug for a
little bit (~15-20 minutes) on Saturday at the bug days, if there's
interest. It's surprisingly interesting ...