Em, I'm puzzled by this too. It builds fine with the Sun compiler

kir...@t2:[~] $ /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc  simple_complex.c
kir...@t2:[~] $ ./a.out
CYTHON_CCOMPLEX 1

but not with gcc.

kir...@t2:[~] $ gcc -Wall simple_complex.c
simple_complex.c: In function '__pyx_t_double_complex_from_parts':
simple_complex.c:20: error: '_Complex_I' undeclared (first use in this function) simple_complex.c:20: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
simple_complex.c:20: error: for each function it appears in.)

I've tested on both t2 (SPARC processors, Solaris 10) and a Sun Ultra 27 (Intel Xeon, Open Solaris 06/2009)

In all cases, it fails with gcc but builds with the Sun compiler.

I'll report this as a gcc bug, as that would seem the most likely reason.

Of course, it works fine with gcc on a wide variety of other platforms, so I don't know what's up with the Solaris gcc.

Any ideas for a workaround?

- Robert