Alex Ghitza wrote:
Personally, I think a text file in the source directory would be best. It would mean someone has downloaded the source (do same for binary). If
Downloading 200MB seems like an unreasonable obstacle too, especially for countries which have low internet quotas and pay-per-MB usage.

The point being (Jason, correct me if I'm wrong) that people can and do
use Sage *without ever downloading it*, e.g. on sagenb.

Best,
Alex

Excellent point. I had overlooked that. It makes my suggestion inappropriate.