Sorry for the confusion. Here is the executive summary:

The offending patch is not relevant to building the cddlib spkg. You
can skip or reverse it, makes no difference to building
cddlib-094f.p2.spkg

There is an updated cddlib-094f.p4.spkg in #8115 that fixes this and
more bugs and makes cddlib a shared library. It works for me but Minh
told me that it doesn't build on all achitectures, though I can't fix
that without error log.

Cheers,
Volker