On 02/14/2010 11:54 AM, Keith Clawson wrote:
Hi all,

My research group works in image and high dimensional data analysis
and we're beginning to work on the transition from Matlab to python/
sage. Many of our core algorithms are implemented as matlab Mex files,
which are really C libraries using C/C++ data types that need to be
converted to numpy arrays. I couldn't find any previous posts on this
topic, so my question is does anyone here have experience with
wrapping Mex libraries for python? I have made progress on this
project, but I'm far from expert at C or python so I could use some
advice, or even sample code.

Keith Clawson

Please email the numpy list---they'll know better than we would. However, a quick google search for "numpy mex" turns up two possibly interesting results:

http://www.scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/MlabWrap

http://ompc.juricap.com/

Eventually, though, you'll probably want to transition things to use Cython<->C/C++ bindings instead of mex files, if I understand things correctly.

Thanks,

Jason