> Quick question:  many types have methods one_element() and
> zero_element() which are  used a lot.  For example, ZZ.one() and
> ZZ.zero() are aliases for ZZ.one_element() and ZZ.zero_element().  Is
> your intention to deprecate these longer names?

I had the impression that this has been already decided see eg [1]:

        def one_element(self):
            r"""
            Backward compatibility alias for :meth:`self.one()`.

            TESTS::

                sage: S = Monoids().example()
                sage: S.one_element()
                ''

            """
            return self.one()

Though I can't find the thread. Also, In the category roadmap [2]:

A.one() A.zero() a.is_one() a.is_zero() A(1) A(0) when it makes sense
A.one_element() A.zero_element() deprecated in the doc; fully deprecated
later.

Cheers,

Florent

[1] sage/categories/monoids.py