Robert Bradshaw wrote:
GIven that this pops up again and again, and works on every other platform (these are not tests with lots of rounding), is there any way to get Solaris to compile the correct constant double for e?

I rushed my previous email about this, since I had to leave to get a train.

Linking with 'libmopt' with the Sun compiler will produce the correct value for e, but I don't know of any way to do this with gcc. The Sun compiler can not yet build Sage.

As much as I know it is bit of a pain to change the doctest, and then to get some kind sole to review the changes, I believe that is insignificant compared to the amount of work needed to get all the packages in Sage to use another library.

Using a quick check with grep, I do not believe there are any more tests in Sage that are failing as a result of this issue with 'e'. So hopefully those two tickets are the last that need to deal with 'e'.

Dave

 libmopt