On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Nick Alexander <ncalexan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5-Mar-10, at 5:26 PM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
>
>> William Stein wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Goals for Sage-5.0:
>>>  *  90% doctest coverage score (=write about 1500 doctests)
>>
>> Hopefully with some justification of why the expected result is what it
>> is. Not magic numbers - see
>>

>> http://groups.google.co.uk/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/90d933ea2881cbf8
>>
>>>  *  Official Solaris 10 support (all tests pass)
>>
>> I personally can't understand why official support for a completely new
>> operating system is not sufficient justification for incrementing the major
>> version.
>
> Isn't the Sage-5.0 incrementing the major version number?
>
> Nick

David is trying to argue that the goals for Sage-5.0 should be

    *  Official Solaris 10 support (all tests pass)

TARGET DATE: Sometime in March?

*instead* of the following:

 *  90% doctest coverage score (=write about 1500 doctests)
 *  Official Solaris 10 support (all tests pass)
 *  Official Cygwin support (all tests pass)
 *  Close _all_ tickets listed at
        http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/wiki/stab1

TARGET DATE: Sometime in May.

   -- William