William Stein wrote:
Hi,

Thanks everybody for all the discussion of sage-5.0 goals.   I've made
a new sage-5.0 milestone

    http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/milestone/sage-5.0

and I've made a list of our goals.   I set the release goal date at
June 1, 2010, which gives us a full 3 months to meet the given goals.

 --William

One item on that list is:

"Official 32-bit Solaris 10 support on sparc and x86 (automatic build, all tests pass)"

I think Solaris 10 on x86 is being a bit optimistic. SPARC yes, but there may be other issues on x86.

If there are issues on Solaris 10 x86, then I don't know who is going to work on them, but probably not me too much. I'd rather work on the OpenSolaris 64-bit on x86 than Solaris 10 32-bit.

With some changes to the 4.3.3 source, I was able to get 100% of the tests pass, but with 4.3.4.alpha0 things have gone very much backwards.

There's a full log of the long doctests in the directory.

http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/kirkby/doctest-results/2/

There's so many issues, I've not even created tickets for them all.

Dave