Minh Nguyen wrote:
Hi David,

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Dr David Kirkby <drkir...@gmail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

Anyone else seen this?

Yes. When I was narrowing down the patch that stopped the Solaris
build, I produced about 6 source tarballs. I then tried to start
building them, starting the build one after the other. After about a
few hours, all of the builds stopped.

Do you recall where? Do you use 'nohup'? I believe it might be doing somthing
like

$ nohup make &

that causes this, though I can't think why. I seem to have less problems if I
type

$ make

I've not done any extensive testing of this. It is just annoying when it happens, for no good reason I can find. At least I know I'm not the only one getting this problem some times.

I'll dig out a build log, and create a ticket for this. Tracking the problem might be difficult, as it is not reproducible.

Dave