John H Palmieri wrote:
On Mar 10, 3:09 pm, Minh Nguyen <nguyenmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi folks,

Yes, you heard right. Sage 4.3.4.alpha1 now builds on t2.math thanks
to the persistent hard work of David Kirkby.

I just tried to build this version of Sage on two of the Skynet
machines running Solaris, unsuccessfully, same error (in gnutls) for
both machines.  One is a sparc, one an x86 box.  I'm appending the end
of the build log, in case it means anything to anyone.  Just for
kicks, I'm trying again with the latest version of gnutls.  Is there a
good reason why we haven't upgraded gnutls for two years?

- John

It would appear Sage will only build if gcc uses the Sun linker, not the GNU one. That is how most people configure gcc - that is how it is how the old version in /usr/sfw/bin/gcc is configured, and that is how gcc from Blastwave is configured. The system admin on skynet was asked a few days ago if she will build a gcc configured in this way. I've not got a reply yet.

If I don't hear soon, I'll build one myself and people can use my local copy (I don't have root access on skynet, whereas I do on 't2').

Dave