On Mar 13, 6:14 pm, Dan Drake <dr...@kaist.edu> wrote
> That sounds like a nice project, and I think it's a good idea. My
> impression, however, is that the SoC selection committee doesn't like
> projects that come across as "too mathy".

I've been hearing the same from other people; currently I'm looking
into alternate ways of getting funding/support for the project.

> Those ideas sound good, although "lots of new visualization tools"
> sounds a bit vague. It would be better to be specific about the kinds of
> tools you want to implement.

In particular, I thought it might be useful to view the state
transition diagrams of relatively small finite CA.  Another tool might
be something to allow users to watch the evolution of a small finite
CA alongside an animated version of its state transition diagram
(schematically showing transitions between states).  But as mentioned
above, I should learn more about cellular automata theory; right now
I'm still aiming to gather ideas and don't feel prepared to write up a
fully detailed project proposal.

 - Kazuo Thow